Saturday, November 21, 2009

Beef Tips & Gravy

This is a recipe that I've had for so long that I don't remember where I got it. It makes a tender beef dish with a yummy gravy that my whole family enjoys.
Beef Tips & Gravy
2 lb. cubed beef for stew, or round, or chuck roast cut into cubes
3 T. vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 c. water
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. soy sauce
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. ground black pepper
1 package (.75 oz.) dry brown gravy mix
1 c. water

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft. Add beef cubes and cook, stirring often, until meat is browned on all sides. Add 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to beef. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Meanwhile, combine gravy mix package with 1 cup water. Mix thoroughly and stir into meat mixture. Simmer, stirring frequently until slightly thickened.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like pure comfort food. I would serve over butter noodles. Just so happens to have a package of beef tips in freezer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite winter meals. It is hearty and just good!
    It hasn't been on my menu for awhile - Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves anything with gravy!

    ReplyDelete