Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wanna Join Us?

A few posts ago, I mentioned that I own lots of cookbooks, but still go searching online for new recipes all the time. Connie from Tales from the Fridge left a comment on that post saying that she is like me with her collection. She had the great suggestion that we start actually cooking from our cookbooks (or cooking magazines) and post the results twice a month. What a great idea! I'll actually going to open some of those cookbooks that I haven't used in quite a while.


Check out my published content!
So whether you have just a few cookbooks or hundreds, feel free to join in the fun! We will post the recipes the FIRST and THIRD Tuesdays each month. That's not too hard even for a beginner, right? Just grab the button Connie made (Yay, Connie!) above to include on your posts. Connie's even going to start a MckLinky for it, which I've seen, but never used so I'm hoping she'll teach me. I look forward to seeing Connie's first post from the challenge and hope many of you will join us. Who's in?

8 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what you make! Sounds like a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to your posts as well!
    The more simple.. the better! ha-ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, sure, I'll give it a go!
    Umm, by the way, what's a McLinky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serene, probably someone else could explain it much better than I can. It's a list of links that is included in the post. From what I understand, everyone who wants to participate in the challenge would add their link and then everyone would see all those links so it's easier to click and view all the blogs involved. I think it automatically updates on all of our blogs if we have the same one. I'll have to find out more. :) I hope we do get a few more people involved just for more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if I can find my favorite cookbooks in my mess of boxes in the basement then I'll join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun and I have a gazillion cookbooks and magazines. No lie. I have a large bookcase in the kitchen overflowing with them.

    Do you know what I have noticed? A recipe will catch my eye on a blog and I read on only to find out it was in one of the cookbooks I already have. It's the great photos on blogs. Publishers need to get smart. Photos sell. Another thing I've noticed is that ALOT of blogs have better photography than quite a few of the cookbooks.

    OOoops, sorry I kind of went on & on.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to join you too.. .I tried to make a resolution last year to do it (I have over 208 cookbooks), but I didn't stick to it.
    If you check out my blog, click on the cookbook countdown on the right/sidebard to see my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! This is going to be so fun! And I can't wait to try some new recipes.

    I love to eat!

    ReplyDelete