Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back After 5 Years

I have so many random things to post right now so I might be posting two posts a day for a few of days. Somewhere in there will be a new cookie recipe that I tried. I'll just say that there's peanut butter and there's M&Ms. Don't forget to come back and check.

Today I spent several hours organizing the basement, which meant going through lots of boxes full of memories and fun surprises---and too much trash that I put in the recycling can. One thing I found was Alex's time capsule that he made on Sept. 8, 2004 to be opened in 5 years. So it's not terribly late. He was so excited to open it since he didn't remember what was in it besides a paper airplane that he made with his dad.

It was a bit hard to get into it, but he finally made it.

There were three photos--one of him with his sisters and two of him making the time capsule in his boy scout's uniform. There was also a paper with questions like "What do you want to be when you grow up?" His answer was "an art teacher" even though it's changed several times since then. For quite a while it was an engineer at Boeing and then recently it was a video game tester. Uggg! But lately he just says, "I don't know."

1 comment:

  1. How fun to open a time capsule. Isn't at fun!! I would have totally forgotten after 5 years to even look for it. What a blessing that you were there sorting and found it. I bet everyone was excited to see what was in there. Fun!

    ReplyDelete