Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hiking with My Sis

My sister Tiffany is visiting from Georgia and the two of us (since no one else in the family wanted to who had time) hiked part of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. I only walk 4 miles a day on the treadmill so I don't know what I was thinking hiking so much in one day! Most of the hike was cool and even though parts were very steep, other parts weren't bad at all. I actually wanted to keep going, but had to return home to cook dinner for the missionaries so we turned back and went down. I am so glad we turned back when we did. I was okay on the hike until part of the way down when I started to get a bad headache. Then almost immediately when we sat in the car, I started getting worse and worse. Tiffany even convinced me to pull over and let her drive because I was nauseous and my hands were numb and tingly. I thought I was okay during the hike, but they say animals know things we don't notice. Apparently that's true. A vulture was circling us (much closer than in this pic) and then brought it's friend over. Luckily, we were moving around a bit too much for them.

I guess I wasn’t ready for a 11 mile (plus a little more) hike! But I was still glad I went. It was pretty up there, fun to spend time with Tiffany, and I burned LOTS of calories.















Even though most of the trees were still green, we did see a few trees changing to fall colors.


10 comments:

  1. Sorry I had to work! Although... I don't think I'd be ready for an 11 mile hike! I love fall! I can't wait! Glad you had a good time with T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some really good pics of the fall colors. I can't wait to see mine. I don't think I ever took a close up of any though. hanks for taking me. Next time we can go all the way to Rock Cnyon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it was gorgeous up there! Especially the blue sky and the fall leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty. I noticed you said Tiff was visiting from Utah, but you really meant visiting Utah from Georgia. I admire you for making it all the way that you did! That was one long hike, and it looks like it was really steep! When you get up there among the trees and can see so far, it's worth the hard hike up there, and especially if you eventually feel good like you did last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for pointing that out, Mom. I guess I really was tired when I wrote it last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! gorgeous pics! So, I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie your pictures are SO beautiful! I love the valley views and the pictures with the fall colors. They are all so pretty though.
    I think 11 miles would be tough but I bet it was worth it - and how nice to spend such great time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your photographs are stunning!!!
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my giveaways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos! I miss those Utah mtns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! Do you mind if I copy a couple of your photo's for my blog?

    ReplyDelete