Monday, September 21, 2009

Fortunately...Unfortunately

I often have very random memories come back to me for seemingly no reason. Am I the only one? I call them flashbacks. Well, the other day I had a flashback of a book that I read more than 25 years ago and I don’t think I’ve seen it since. All I could remember about it is that the whole book told a story with a bunch of sentences that started with “Fortunately…” and then “Unfortunately”. Anybody else read this before? I looked it up online since I was curious about it and found it on Amazon.com and it is called (of all things) Fortunately by Remy Charlip. Here is a little bit from the book: “Fortunately, Ned was invited to a surprise party.
   Unfortunately, it was a thousand miles away.
Fortunately, a friend loaned Ned an airplane.
   Unfortunately, the motor exploded.

Fortunately, there was a parachute in the airplane.
   Unfortunately, there was a hole in the parachute.”

I also looked online and found out that they have it at my local library so I’m going to check it out this week to share it with my kids! But since I was thinking of that book, I thought I’d do today’s post in the same format. I don’t have a story to tell, just random (not necessarily interesting) happenings.

Fortunately, I got to sleep in on Saturday.
   Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough bread to make French toast like I was craving.
Fortunately, Elisa was in the mood for pancakes so she made them for all of us!
   Unfortunately, Sabrina had never eaten a pancake in her life because she thought they looked gross.
Fortunately, she decided it was time to try them…for some strange reason.
Fortunately, she loved them!
Fortunately, I found this conditioner on sale a while ago so I thought I’d try it.
   Unfortunately, the bottle is VERY annoying and rigid so you can’t squeeze the thick conditioner out and if you try it makes a very loud POPPING sound that echoes in our shower and you just end up twisting the cap open and shaking some out anyway.
Fortunately, it’s almost gone and I will have a new kind of conditioner soon, hopefully a quiet conditioner.
Fortunately, tonight I am going to my sister Tiffany’s birthday party while she is here visiting from Georgia! Unfortunately, I will miss the 2-hour season premiere of House M.D. after a suspenseful finale last season. I even thought about having a premiere party with a silly medical theme with a few friends, despite Elisa thinking I was going a bit crazy. But of course I'd rather spend the night with my family!
Fortunately, I got a lot done this morning.
Unfortunately, I put on my make-up, but didn’t blow-dry my hair before I started on housework so my hair dried funny.
Fortunately, I have a flat-iron so I was able to make my hair look better.
   Unfortunately, my flat-iron is the worst! I have to give it a hard, 2-handed squeeze and go down my hair VERY slowly to straighten my hair. Anyone know of a good flat-iron I could buy??? Seriously!

4 comments:

  1. That was so fun!
    I love the format - How clever of you to remember the book and use it in your post.
    Now my brain wants to think that way.
    Fortunately I finally made it to the shower
    Unfortunately my creme rinse was all gone.
    Fortunately I had another bottle in the closet.
    Unfortunately it is a type I do not like.

    That is fun! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that book. I loved how you used it in such a cute way.
    Fortunately I used to watch House all the time. Unfortunately I didn't watch it last year.
    Fortunately there is a season premiere.
    Unfortuately I don't know how last season ended to be excited. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! That was such a fun post! I've never heard of that book! I'll have to check it out!
    I tried to think of something clever to say like your other two friends, but unfortunately my brain is not working so I couldn't think of anything fortunate. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately, you came and visited my blog and left a sweet comment
    Unfortunately, I have never read yours before and have missed out on knowing you all this time.
    Fortunately, I know of a wonderful flat iron. A chi. Look for it a beauty stores or salons.
    Unfortunately, they are rather pricey ($100)
    Fortunately, they last a long time
    Unfortunately, they break if you drop them too many times like I did.

    ReplyDelete