Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Won Ton Salad

I got this recipe several years ago from Kristin, a friend who is a phenomenal entertainer. I wish I knew if she had a blog because I know it would be so fun! I serve the dressing and won tons on the side since some people like them, but not everyone. And when I serve it at home, I serve the chicken on the side so that all of us can throw in the amount of chicken we want and then Robin can heat his portion up. He doesn’t like cold chicken even in salads. ???

Of course, you can use any vegetables you’d like. I used tomatoes since we didn’t have water chestnuts and have sometimes used celery. I left out the almonds due to allergies here, but it is sooo good with them.
Won Ton Salad

Dressing:
4 T. rice vinegar
4 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. sesame seeds
1/2 c. oil
Salad:
1 lg. head lettuce
2 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1 c. water chestnuts
3 - 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1 sm. pkg. won ton wrappers, sliced in strips and fried
Dressing:
Heat vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, sesame seeds and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and put in jar; refrigerate.
Salad: Chop chicken and lettuce. Toss all salad ingredients together. Shake dressing well and pour over salad just before serving.


1 comment: