Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Won Ton Salad

I got this recipe several years ago from Kristin, a friend who is a phenomenal entertainer. I wish I knew if she had a blog because I know it would be so fun! I serve the dressing and won tons on the side since some people like them, but not everyone. Of course, you can use any vegetables you’d like. I used tomatoes since we didn’t have water chestnuts and have sometimes used celery. I left out the almonds due to allergies here, but it is sooo good with them. Won Ton Salad
Dressing: 4 T. rice vinegar 4 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. sesame seeds
1/2 c. oil
Salad:
1 lg. head lettuce
2 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. sliced almonds
1 c. water chestnuts
3 - 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1 sm. pkg. won ton wrappers, sliced in strips and fried
Dressing:
Heat vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, sesame seeds and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and put in jar; refrigerate.
Salad: Chop chicken and lettuce. Toss all salad ingredients together. Shake dressing well and pour over salad just before serving.

1 comment: