Thursday, September 10, 2009

Peach Tarts

Last week a very nice friend brought over a huge basket full of ripe peaches from her tree. (Wish I had a pic of her!) I knew we couldn’t just eat them all fresh so I searched online and found this simple recipe at My Kitchen Snippets. There was a great photo of the tart topped with a scoop of ice cream. Mmmmmm! We didn’t have any, but maybe you can try it. Our peaches were so ripe that they kind of made the pastry soggy, but they were still really good.
Peach Tarts

1 box of puff pastry (2 sheets)
4 fresh peaches
3 T. sugar
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
2 T. of apricot jam + 2 tbsp of hot water (for glazing)

Thaw the puff pastry for about 30 minutes. Peel and pit the peaches. Slice them into wedges. Toss it lightly with sugar and cinnamon powder and set it aside. Line the baking sheet with some parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375º.
Cut the puff pastry sheet into third and then half. Lay it out on a baking sheet. Arrange the peach slices on the puff pastry. Bake for 20 minutes or it puff up and golden brown.
Take it out of the oven and brush the top with some apricot jam. Serve at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my cooking blog. The Pecan Shortbread bars are yummy. Let me know if you try them. I had a friend just drop off some peaches yesterday. I should try these tarts. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! I love peaches. I have fond memories of picking peaches in the orchards in Georgia during the summer when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete